Connect
To Top

Watch For These 5 Symptoms of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Carbon monoxide is often known as the silent killer. That is because there is no way a human can detect it without using some sort of detector. It is not visible to the naked eye. Not only that, but it is entirely odorless, which means people who are exposed to it will keep breathing it in without even realizing it. In today’s article, we will discuss different symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning that you should look out for. If you notice that you and other people in the household are suffering from any of these symptoms, make sure that there is no carbon monoxide leak anywhere in your home. Of course, make sure that your detectors are working properly. Detectors will have a test button that you can use to make sure that they are still working. If they are not, replace the batteries or get a new detector.

Weakness. Weakness is a common symptom of carbon monoxide poisoning. When carbon monoxide enters your body, your body replaces your blood with carbon monoxide. This means that oxygen, which is generally spread around your body through your blood, is not able to reach your brain. This can cause you to start feeling weak. If you feel lethargic, tired, weak, unable to do simple tasks, lazy, or confused, especially if it is accompanied by a headache, nausea, or any of the other symptoms mentioned later in this article, it’s best to get out and get some fresh air right away.


More in Chronic Illness