You may not realize it, but there may be a hidden hazard in your home. Mold and mildew can cause significant health problems. If they goes unchecked, those health problems will only become worse. One of the problems with mold is that it is often hidden. Mold can be hiding behind furniture, on furniture, under tiles, on ceilings, in cabinets, or in many other places that are not very visible. It can be especially harmful to children and the elderly. Pets can be affected as well. In this article, we will discuss some warning signs that there may be mold hiding in your home that needs to be cleaned up.
Headaches. Headaches are commonly caused by mold. There are a number of reasons why this can happen. Mold can cause your sinuses to clog up. When there is congestion in your sinuses, headaches may result. Nasal allergies can also lead to headaches. If you find that you or a family member is experiencing strange headaches and you can’t seem to figure out the cause or how to cure it (taking pain relief medications may not help for headaches caused by mold) make sure that mold is not the cause. A good sign that mold may be the cause is if you do not experience these headaches at work or when you are out of the home. Family members or friends may only start to experience headaches when they visit your home.